Boxing Day & Beyond

Happy Boxing Day!

We’ve made it through Hanukkah, the Solstice and Christmas here in Madrona.  Before we get to New Years, it’s time for a break.  We ‘re looking to a full relaxing weekend that starts with Boxing Day

Saturday we’re we are pulling the corks on four favorite wines.  There is no punch in these beauties, just smooth, full delicious flavor.  Take a break and stroll on up to the shop for a taste.  It is also the first day of Kwanzaa, a week of feasting and celebration that calls for a good bottle or two.

2013 Quinta Apolonia Belondrade  $18
100% Verdejo
A full Verdejo from Castilla y Leon.  30% comes from the cellar’s signature wine Belondrade y Lurton  which is fermented and aged in French oak barrels for three months -the other 70% from the property’s youngest vines which are fermented slowly in stainless steel tanks. The wine is light and crisp on the tongue with notes of stone and citric fruits and an ever so slight acidity, while the palate is round and full leaving behind long-lasting aromas.

2014 Gray, Syrah  $17
This 100% Syrah with fruit from the famed Den Hoed Vineyard, was crafted by Kerloo Cellars Winemaker Ryan Crane.  It full of dark dry fruit with a bit of earth and spice.

2013 Moulin de la Gardette Gigondas, Cuvée Tradition  $27
80% Grenache, 10% Mourvedre, 10% Cinsault
For five generations the Meunier family has devoted itself to caring for the vines on the upper garrigue slopes of Les Dentelles. The Cuvee Tradition is rich and luxurious with soft tannins and a long finish.  A nose of herbs, plums and warm rooftops, then a supple almost gamey palate, with hints of aniseed on the finish. A lick of Mediterranean rusticity adds texture and color to the impeccably ripe black fruit.

2012 JB Neufeld, Yakima Valley Cabernet  $36
89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Cabernet Franc
Justin Neufeld is the winemaker at Gilbert Cellars as well as an assorted lot of other folks.  We like his Gilbert wines but we especially like the wines he makes for his own label.  A three vineyard blend this year in JB’s Yakima Cabernet.  A full fisted but not heavy handed Washington Cabernet.

Sunday we’ll be pouring a couple of warming Reds from Italy.

2008 Colognole Chianti Rufina $13
Sangiovese
Medium deep red. Hints of fruitiness red berries, herbs and tobacco. Dry, acid finish, perfect with short ribs, good value.

2012 Terre del Barolo, Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC $13
Terre del Barolo is a collective winery located in the heart of Barolo sourcing fruit from its 400 members.  This Nebbiolo ages for 12 months in large Slavonian Oak barrels.  The wine has the characteristic aromas of leather, rose petals, & cherry.

After that we will be closed Monday but after that open again on Tuesday and open for the rest of the year.  Come grab some bubbles to ring in the New Year.

Madrona Wine Merchants offers free wine tastings featuring 4-5 selections on a theme every Saturday from 2 until the bottles run out and on Sunday we offer a mini-tasting of two wines all day from 11-5.

Comments are closed.

winzip free download

winzip free download

windows 7 key generator

windows 7 key generator

windows 7 activation crack

windows7 activation crack

windows 7 crack

windows 7 crack

download winrar free

download winrar free

winzip activation code

winzip activation code

free winrar download

free winrar download

free winrar

free winrar

free winzip

free winzip

winrar free download

winrar free download

windows 7 product key

windows 7 product key

windows xp product key

windows xp product key

winrar download free

winrar download free

winzip freeware

winzip freeware

winzip registration code

winzip registration code

windows 7 ultimate product key

windows 7 ultimate product key

winzip free download full version

winzip free download full version

winrar free

winrar free